Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick, but not destroyed

I've been sick now for a few days, thankfully not with any version of the flu. I usually get pretty knocked out, and a terrible sore throat starts in sometime around the 2nd day (like right now).

One thought/prayer that the Lord has used to help me immensely is this: that I can be more driven and influenced by the Holy Spirit who dwells within me than by my physical body which is experiencing one of the effects of living in a sin-wrecked, fallen world. As unpleasant and sometimes painful as my current experience is (and it is very minor compared to the sufferings of others), because of the victorious work of Christ I can walk by the Spirit and not be downcast in soul because of the infirmity of my body.

I'm sick right now (as perhaps some of you are as well!) because I live in a world of sin, but I am not under the dominion of sin or its effects because of the redeeming work of Christ on the cross for me. As often as I can remember that, and believe that, I can be sick, but not destroyed (2 Cor 4:7-12).

No comments:

Post a Comment